Friday, February 4, 2011

Tech DeckΑΘΗΝΑ

Truth

Title: Truth First
Auteur: Dawn Cook / Kim Harrison
Editions: Milady
Genre: Fantasy
Pages: 544

Back Cover :
Alissa did not believe in magic. His father spoke of a legendary fortress where the Guardians learned magic from enigmatic masters ... but they were just stories, nothing more. Yet now that his father died, Alissa is convinced her mother has inherited his magical gifts, and she must go to the only place where his talents will prove: the mysterious fortress! But the trip will not be lonely, because Alissa meets a street musician who holds a card which it badly needs to reach its destination before the snows prevent this. It is not safe to rely on this boy, but she has no choice if she wants to get their hands on the book of spells of power: Truth First ...

My opinion :
After discovering Kim Harrison with the saga "Rachel Morgan," I decided to indulge his fantasy novel.

the fantasy genre or Fantasy is primarily the work environment, descriptions, highlighting the characters, their character ... Ultimately, what I mean is that in fantasy should not expect much action in general.
Usually, such a pace bored. That may be why I do not read much fantasy. Well Dawn Cook with "Truth First " I was really surprised!
Indeed, this volume does not overflow action, but everything is important. I turned the pages without realizing it, I was really transported by history.

The first part of the book devoted to the journey of Alissa and Strell, allows us to get to know them, to collect adequate information about their past, their history. There is a real suspense with incomplete flashbacks we witness. The arrival at the Fortress in the second part of the story, a little faster pace of the narrative.
However, the end was a bit disappointed, I found it "too easy" and quickly shipped.

The characters are really Interesting. There is very little indeed, and I admit that this is no worse: it prevents the reader from getting lost, and the atmosphere behind closed doors gives character to the novel.

In sum, it is with great pleasure that I submerge myself in the second book "Hidden Truth". I hope to see soon arrive in my PAL;)

My rating: Image hébergée par servimg.com

This book was read as part of a common understanding on Livraddict. Click nicks to know the opinions of other participants) Deliregirl1 , Galleani , Bambi_slaughter (cheekbone), Hecla , StupidGRIN , Ellcrys, azilys , Azariel87 .

Truth First
Truth Hidden Truth
Forgotten Truth
Perdue

This reading was also part of Milady Challenge in "Fantasy "
I am to 9 out of 18 books read, in all categories.
Image hébergée par servimg.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment