Wednesday, March 2, 2011

How Long To Bake A 6x2 Inch Cake

Fruits Basket - Volume 1

Title: Fruits Basket - Volume 1
Author : Natsuki Takaya
Genre: Manga - Shojo
Editions: Delcourt
Pages: 180

Summary: Tohru
cute and courageous high school girl, living in a tent in the woods. Gathered for his talent for housework by Yuki Sohma family, one of his classmates, Tohru now lives surrounded by boys in a big house. But what she ignores is that the Sohma family is a victim of a secret curse. Some members are transformed, in particular circumstances, in one of the twelve Chinese zodiac animals! With such strange characters, the new life of Tohru going to reserve many surprises.

My opinion:
At first reading I wondered why this saga manga called "Fruits Basket (fruit basket). The answer comes at the end of this first volume, and I think it fits perfectly with heroin and his feelings, his character)
Indeed, Tohru is a girl sensitive, somewhat naive and especially poignant. All the characters are endearing (even Kagura is a bit dippy for my taste lol).

I do not know anything about drawing manga, but I found them very nice and airy: it is easy to read. By cons I have a little complaint to make, about writing. In terms of bubbles, no comment, but the small marks on some pages are really tiny and it stings the eyes lol. There were also some times when I wondered who was talking ( I could hardly see the little "arrow" on the bubble ).

The story is really nice and the curse about animals of the zodiac is interesting.

To conclude, I enjoyed reading this! It's fresh, light and entertaining. I spent a great time and I hope more will join my PAL soon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment