Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Do People With Hiv Get More Colds

Argneau Vampires - Volume 2: Love m has killed

Title: Vampires Argneau - Volume 2: Love killed me
Author: Lynsay Sands
Genre: Bit bed
Editions: Milady
Pages: 352

Abstract:
Stephen is a vampire. So far so good. Unless he is single. And how to choose the right one?
Etienne Argeneau has no choice: he must put an end to celibacy along three hundred years ...
or remain alone forever. It can na transform into a vampire only one human being. But how do you choose? And if he decided to donate to this foreign eternity? After all, this fascinating forensic saved his life. It would be natural to return the favor ...


My opinion:
Firstly, I want to thank Livraddict and editions Milady for this reading, conducted in partnership.

After my great disappointment after reading the first volume " snacks emergency " (find my review here ) I did not really want to launch myself in the second volume. However I have read criticism of the latter, which seemed better, so I wanted to try.

The beginning of the novel is much nicer than the previous volume. I immediately felt captivated by the story. Rachel is a forensic pathologist. When examining the corpse of a handsome young man shot to death, she realizes that he is recovering. Since she is ill and feverish, she thought to be facing a big hallucination ...


** The story does not bring us a great suspense, but after all this is not what is expected here. There is little doubt of the end the novel ( a happy ending) but it is unclear how this will walk. And that's exactly what that was sorely lacking in the first volume. Here, with "Love killed me," the story evolves through the pages.


** As for characters, they worked much better in this sequel.
Rachel is endearing and funny (but unintentionally I think lol). I found it a tad nunuche on some points, but it does not reflect his personality. Everyone has moments of weakness is not it?
Etienne is a vampire pretty simple. It is beautiful, but is not necessarily pretentious. Actually, he spends more for someone sympathetic to the limit: a normal man, who could very well be our friend. Stephen is the victim of a psycopathe, Pudge, who discovered its nature and is desperate to kill him.
The meeting between the two main characters, Rachel and Stephen is well shot and well worked. She gets up in the pages, and even if the action happens in a week, we feel a real change in sentiment. Not everything that happens suddenly without explanation. The family
Argeneau made me a better effect in this volume. I found happy this clan welded. I enjoyed the replicas of Thomas (cousin of Stephen).


** The writing is fluid and pleasant , the pages turn by themselves. There is a real progress in the dialogue. In the first volume I found the limit of endurance and all too present. In this second volume are precisely measured and far from stupid.
I admit I skipped the scenes a little "hot" book. There are not that much, but say that once I read a scene, I do not need to read more ...
Humour is present as I expected in this novel. It's not the chick-bed mixed the bit-bed (like "Sarah Dearly" or "Queen Betsy), but it is still very present and very pleasant. Some scenes and thoughts really made me smile ( when Rachel wants to file the canines, replicas of Thomas the pseudo erotic dream of Rachel ... example).
Besides, I do not really think that the saga Vampires Argeneau ranks in the "bit-bed". Rather, the "paranormal romance". Here vampires do not bite, do not fight either. They have conventional professions rather


** To conclude, I really had a great time reading. I'm glad I persevered with the second volume, because it made me want to read the rest of the saga.


again, I thank very warmly editions Milady and Livraddict for this partnership:)



My rating: Image hébergée par servimg.com


Volume 1: In- emergency
Volume 2: Love me killed
Volume 3: JF vampire seeks
Volume 4: Beautiful, dark and greedy (24 June)

0 comments:

Post a Comment