Tuesday, March 1, 2011

How Long Does Dough Last In The Body

Ewilan's Quest, Volume 1: From the Other World

Title: The Quest for Ewilan, Volume 1: From the Other World
Author: Pierre Bottero
Genre: Children's Literature / Fantasy
Editions: Rageot
Pages: 281

Abstract:
When Camille saw the truck that was heading right at her, she froze in the middle of the road. Her irrepressible curiosity kept him from closing his eyes and she had no time to cry ... No, she found herself lying face down in an unknown forest planted with tall trees. So here you are, Ewilan. We long sought thee, my brothers and me to finish what was started, but you were found ...

My opinion: I
a little afraid to get into this reading, for several reasons. The cover does not really want, and I feared to find myself facing a bad children's book. Well I must admit I was wrong, and I am glad I started!

Life of Camille ( and her best friend Salim ) changes when it is on the verge of being hit by a truck. Without knowing how, she finds herself in a parallel world, in the Empire of Gwendalavir. She came back with incredible powers and a small blue stone ...

Some features of the characters are stereotyped to the extreme, but they worked so well then, we ended up not thinking through the pages.
Camille is a girl of 13 years very intelligent and mature for her age, but who knows how to keep it simple from the beginning to the end of the novel. Salim is the best friend of Camille anyway. His good humor brings a real touch of freshness to the story.
Our two heroes are not spoiled family unit level. Camille was adopted by Duciel, a couple who watch more than cold and distant with ellle. While Salim goes unnoticed by her mother. They find their place in Gwendalavir ...

As for writing, I'm really captured by the pen of Pierre Bottero. It is a children's book, certainly, but we do not a childish handwriting too. The story is really rich. The descriptions are very good, and let us enter this world easily.

To conclude, I really loved it and I am not bored for a moment! I can only advise you this fantastic world.

My rating: Image hébergée par servimg.com

This book was read as part of a joint reading on the forum "The brand page. Click nicks to know the opinions of other participants)
=> Florel , Cybelou, Elodesigns, Ayame and Masevy.


The quest for Ewilan:
Volume 1: from one mode to another
Volume 2: borders ice
Volume 3: Island of Destiny

There are also other sagas Related to this universe. They interest me a lot and I think soon discover: "The pact Marchombres " and "The worlds of Ewilan .

0 comments:

Post a Comment